Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Circles

We twirl in circles to music, we bounce and we bend.
We're feeling swell, and hell that's what counts in the end.
We're unassuming, we're blooming, then wilting again.
We know succeeding is fleeting but bleeding you, meaning you've got to pretend.
Around and round we pass the time.

We're touching, I'm spinning, he loves me and the back of my head crashes into just why.
It's crushing, I'm giving all of me and the life that I've led flashes right by my eyes.
Around and round we tell our lies.

It's copacetic, poetic till it starts to decay.
Love pulls it's capers, it tapers then it shimmies away.
So raise your glass to what's past, toss your bottle bouquet.
Don't stay so down we're bound to whirl back around and relive the cliche.
Around and round we pass goodbye.

No comments: